- 1 -2 pounds small yellow potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for cooking)
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder*
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs, (parsley, chives, and/or dill)
- Flaky sea salt
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat pans in olive oil
Place the potatoes and a pinch of salt in a large pot and fill it with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, 15 - 20 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and cool. Placing the potatoes on a baking sheet, take a bottom of a jar, measuring cup or sturdy mug and smash the potatoes to 1/2- 1/4 an inch thick. Drizzle with the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder (or favorite spice mix) salt, and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, rotate the pan and roast another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp
Finish with flaky sea salt, fresh herbs, and sprinkles of Parmesan, if desired.
* Sub out the onion and garlic powder for your favorite spice mix.