- 1lb Potatoes cut into rounds
- 2-4 carrots sliced into rounds
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed or 15oz of dried garbanzo beans that have soaked overnight and cooked
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large pinch of salt
- Fresh (or dried) thyme, rosemary, sage and/or dried parsley (about a 1 tbsp each)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salad greens of choice
- 1 cup cooked grains or rice
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1-2 watermelon radishes, diced or sliced into rounds
- Kale Pesto (see recipe)
- Hot Sauce
- Sauerkraut or pickled veg
- Chili crisp
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Prep vegetables - wash and dry carrots and potatoes. Cut both into 1/4 inch rounds or use a mandolin to slice (please use a guard.)
Combine potatoes, carrots and drained chickpeas in to a bowl with olive oil and spices and mix until everything is coated.
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake vegetables + chickpeas for 45-50 minutes. When they're done cooking, remove from oven and let cool.
While vegetables are cooking, make pesto.
In a bowl, mix salad greens and and pesto until coated and then add roasted veg + chickpeas and grain of choice. Mix well!
Serve in bowls and top with sliced cabbage, diced radishes and whatever else you want.