- 1 pound carrots peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup tahini (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup water, plus more to thin if necessary
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Chop carrots into small pieces (about an inch).
Add carrots to a food processor or blender with the rest of the ingredients. Process until mostly smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula halfway through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed and add water to thin if needed.
Spoon into bowl and top with olive oil, herbs, nuts (walnuts would be good) and honey.
*You could add 1 can of garbanzo beans to make it into more of a hummus